Working in the Tacalyx research department is a unique opportunity for those who want to expand their own team and are now looking for challenges in a very dynamic research field. It will also allow for a deep dive into the various areas and topics needed for drug development.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the necessary projects and experiments and reporting the results to your immediate supervisor.
As an enthusiastic and motivated scientist, you will be involved in preclinical discovery and the development of highly innovative therapeutic proteins. The position requires a PhD in biochemistry or life sciences with extensive practical experience in the expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins. The main tasks in this position are:
- Cloning and expression of recombinant proteins
- Development and maintenance of debugging schemes
- Biochemical characterization and protein analysis.
- Configuration and implementation of molecular biology methods (for example, ELISA, Western Blot)
- Preparation and review of scientific reports
- Follow the scientific literature, advances in the area and new technologies relevant to the project.
- Interaction with project teams and external parties
- PhD in Biological Sciences with extensive recent laboratory experience
- Strong experience in antibody technology and biochemical characterization.
- Direct experience in molecular biology techniques relevant to the expression of recombinant proteins
- Practical experience with preparative protein chromatography is mandatory. Knowledge of the development of HPLC-based methods will be an advantage.
- Expected knowledge of mammalian cell culture (transient and stable expression of recombinant proteins)
- Over 2 years of relevant postdoctoral experience in science or industry
- Knowledge of carbohydrate biology will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both in German and English.
- Flat hierarchies
- Modern office and fully equipped laboratory located in the centre of Berlin
- Opportunity to build a business from scratch as part of a fast-growing startup • Competitive salary
- An intelligent and committed team that is fun to work with
- A place for personal development
If you are self-sufficient, interested in working in an ambitious professional field and your training and personal experience correspond to this profile, send us your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your cover letter, resume and as soon as possible to start date and expected salary. An EU visa and/or work permit is required.