Our client would like to set up a Compliance Advisory Committee to report to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer through the Chief Executive Officer. This person has a portfolio of clients providing advisory services and joining a team of white-collar crime prosecution specialists with clients from different industries, from banks and financial institutions to investment companies and top gaming companies.
- Management and moderation of financial crime advisory projects, including conducting process reviews, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, developing and / or reviewing policies and procedures, developing and / or reviewing personnel guidelines, developing and implementing recovery plans, and providing ongoing technical and operational measures Support of the compliance officers at MLRO.
- Supporting clients in preparing and updating risk assessments against money laundering / CFT.
- Implementation of internal and external controls for the appropriateness of policies and procedures and their implementation as well as preparation of reports and remedial measures.
- Once designated for this purpose, a company organizes and facilitates the coordination of official inspections.
- Participation in short-term and long-term projects where employees are either seconded to customers or perform compliance-related tasks in the customer’s offices. Tasks include sanction review, suspicious transaction review, ongoing transaction monitoring, file review, account review, file correction, and customer risk assessment.
- Management of AML / CFT projects and support of team members to ensure the timely implementation of all projects.
- Mentoring, mentoring and mentoring other consultants.
- Organization of AML / CFT training rooms.
- Internal support for companies belonging to a group of companies.
- Develop and manage the systems adopted by the department to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
- At least 1 year experience in a managerial position and at least 3 years experience in an AML / CFT position.
- Held if there is a university degree or similar in the related field
- Previous experience working for a supervisory body or advisory body is considered an asset.
- Strong experience in money laundering and counter-terrorism in Malta, FIAU implementation programs, relevant EU legislation and international standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven commitment to high ethical standards.
- We can challenge and discuss topics that are important to the organization.
- Strong commitment to expertise and careful consideration of the details.
- Successful in a fast-moving environment.
- Working under minimal supervision allows you to do priority work and high quality work to meet strict deadlines.