Job Description: This role reports to the Chief Audit Officer and his partners. As a senior accountant on the team, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive advice and industry experience, helping clients solve their complex business problems from strategy to execution.
- Ensuring client portfolio management and providing quality audit and safety services, including creating and reviewing audit plans, and work and signature audit reports
- Achieve team and individual budgets as well as business plan/performance goals.
- Manage project finances, including budgets, timely invoicing and settlement, and variance registration.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standards.
- Think strategically about the customer’s needs, understand their business and the main risks.
- Additional support and advice to customers on an advisory basis.
- Get involved in developing ways to meet customer needs and contribute to scheduled delivery.
- Identify ways to maximize customer relationships and deliver value.
- Supervising and controlling the auditor, including assisting the audit staff in their professional development.
- Take a leadership role in any professional, business, or community organization.
- Work closely with the rest of the auditing and accounting team on a daily basis.
- ACCA, ACA, or a recognized university degree in accounting
- Knowledge of GAPSME, IFRS and international auditing standards
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Maltese
- Be a smart, highly motivated, and well-presented person with an eye for detail
- Has the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in planning external audits, identifying risks and controls, and performing, reviewing and managing external audit tests
- Experience in identifying potential problems and suggestions for improvement and effectively communicating them to customers
- You can work in a team, manage multiple jobs and meet deadlines